Friday, July 30, 2010

Carrie Underwood: Marriage Pro

When I got married, people were constantly asking me, "how's married life?". Um, well, we lived together for almost 4 years and had a kid together BEFORE we got married, so married life is pretty much the same as living together life, but when I would use that as my response I got blank stares from people who I suppose expected me to say something like, "Oh it is just so wonderful! Charming husband is such an incredible man, I'm the luckiest girl in the world!". Anyone who really knows me would have seen through THAT bullshit in about 30 seconds. Seriously, that is my least favorite question, EVER! So when I read this article about Carried Underwood's feelings on her brand spanking new marriage, I was less than surprised that people asked her the same questions. And I'm not all that surprised at her response either. She and her husband didn't live together before they got married I presume (because that would be a sin, ya'll), so she says that married life is "pretty much just like dating life!" Really, Carrie? Dating and married life, the same thing? Oh, I see. When you and Mike were dating he forgot your birthday AND your anniversary, didn't he? And I bet he stopped closing the bathroom door somewhere around date #6 so that wasn't a marriage surprise either, was it? OH! I bet he calls you in the middle of recording a brand new song to ask you where the hell you stashed the toilet paper, huh? Yeah, married life is JUST like dating life. Ms. Underwood (or is it Fisher?) goes on to say "I know how blessed I am. I know how special these things are. There is nothing in the world that I could possibly ask for because you can't add to perfection!" mmmhmmm. You've been married all of 3 weeks to a man that is on the road all the time. Give it a year, sweetheart, or spend 3 months straight with him, and you'll retract that statement. I'm sure you're in love and all, but let's face it, you are a famous singer and he is a hockey player. He'll cheat on you with a hooker in Montreal (and you'll dig you're key into the side of his pretty little suped up 4-wheel drive and carve your name into his leather seat) and you'll leave him for your manager who is 27 years older than you. Sorry, it's just how things go. Good luck though! Please be sure to share your wisdom on how you two love birds make it work after your 1st anniversary because by then you'll be a goddamn expert!

4 comments:

Suburban Princess said...

It's cuz she is rich and doesnt have to pick up after him.

Marianne Pysh said...

Laughing so hard! I'm a new follower and can't wait to come back for more giggles! My fiance and I have been living together for 4 1/2 years, we've been engaged for one year, and I'm sure we'll be hearing similiar questions when we finally get around to tying the knot... And I'm sure I'll be annoyed because everyone knows we live together...

Lucy's Human

http://lucyshuman.blogspot.com

July 31, 2010 11:36 AM

Evansmom said...

Loved your post!

Anonymous said...

I think she was referring to the fact that they still never see each other, I will be interested to see if it lasts.