Sunday, August 1, 2010

Song Sunday With Rodney Atkins

I love this one, the 1st verse must have been written for Bug and Charming Husband. I've only posted the part that pertains to them. The rest is awesome too, but just doesn't fit my boys. And if Bugs 1st 4-letter word would've started with "S" I think we would've preferred it to the one he ACTUALLY said. I'll let you use your imagination on that one.

Drivin' through town just my boy and me
With a 'Happy Meal' in his booster seat
Knowin' that he couldn't have the toy til his nuggets were gone

A green traffic light turned straight to red
I hit in my brakes and mumbled under my breath
His fries went a flyin? and his orange drink covered his lap

Well, then my 4 year old said a 4 letter word
It started with "S' and I was concerned
So I said, Son, now where'd you learn to talk like that??

He said, I've been watching you, dad ain't that cool?
I?m your buckaroo, I want to be like you
And eat all my food, and grow as tall as you are?

"We got cowboy boots and camo pants
Yeah, we're just alike, hey, ain't we dad
I want to do everything you do
So I've been watching you"

No comments: