Thursday, July 22, 2010

Writing Prompts

On Tuesday I did a post-it note about how I had no motivation to write, and someone commented that I should Google "writing prompts" so I did. The first one I saw was to write about the hardest decision I've ever had to make. It's ironic, because the decision I had to make relates to an unbelievable amount of blog posts out there right now. I'm not ready to write that post. Not yet. It's been in my head for a long time and I know exactly what I want to say, I'm just not sure I want some people to read it. But someday I'll write it, and share it with all of you. The rest of the writing prompts were stupid and kept wanting me to write poems. Um, yeah, I'm not a big fan of poetry when other people write it, so I'm definitely not going to wasted my time writing my own. Instead of writing about what the prompts suggest, here are some of the ridiculous ideas.

Write about the color of hunger -- what the fuck does that even mean? It's purple.
Use the following words in a story: Hypocrite, cookie jar, telephone, city -- no, I don't want to. YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!
Write about what you would cook for an enemy -- I'm assuming they are looking for something other than poison...
Why would Fortune 500 companies start hiring corporate fortune tellers? -- Because clearly they are all imbeciles who want their companies to fold.

See how stupid the suggestions were? And that was only in the 1st 50! I guess it did the trick though, it got my brain working and my wittyness spinning.

Oh, and someone made their way to my blog yesterday using the search term "hypnobirth". I'm guessing they moved on pretty quickly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hell hunger looks poor fat bald horny and tired and neon white!

Well thats me but I'm always hungry!

Crazy Brunette said...

If I had the choice and since they did not SPECIFY... Arsenic, Narcanol... the options are ENDLESS bitch!! Haha!