Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Very Special Song Sunday

In honor of my little guy's 1st Birthday, here is the song I sing to him every night. I've never like the 2nd verse to this song, so I changed the words when I started singing it to Bug when he was brand new. It's just sweet song, and I'm willing to bet most moms have sung this to their child at some point.

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy, when skies are grey
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away

The other night dear, as I lay sleeping
I dreamt I held you in my arms
When I awoke dear, I wasn't mistaken
and I held you safe from harm

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy, when skies are grey
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How wonderful! My little guy just turned three and I sing this EXACT song every night to him after his story. He loves it! And I call my little guy bug as well. (It actually went from snugglebug to just bug or bugger).