Tuesday, October 12, 2010

30 Days of Truth: Here's To You, Jackass!

This week's 30 Days of Truth topic is "Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like shit". I had someone else planned for this topic, but lucky for her somebody seriously screwed with me this weekend so she is off the list. This award goes to the complete asshole who broke into our car this weekend and cleaned us out.

We were visiting a friend who lives nearby. I hadn't planned on staying long, but we ended up being there for a couple of hours, as usual. We walked outside at about 8:15, just in time to get the boys home and in bed. As I was unlocking the door, I noticed that the passenger window was missing, and I'm pretty sure it was there when we drove over. I was confused, and then it hit me; some jackass had smashed the window. It didn't seem like a lot was missing at first because the satellite radio was still there in plain sight, as it turns out, that's about the only thing they left. They took my purse. MY PURSE! I feel so violated. They got the small bit of cash that I happened to have, I had to cancel all of my credit cards, and we have to put a fraud alert on all 4 of our SSNs because we are pretty sure the papers they stole from the car had that info. They took everything we had in there. I no longer have the video of the Little Guys 1st birthday, and I can't get that back. They even stole a piece of paper from Bug's school, that had absolutely no information on it. Why the hell did they need that? Oh, and they got every last bit of my makeup because it was in my purse. So I'm living make-up free until our accounts are unfrozen and I can go buy more. You know what else I have to buy? Baby shoes, because this stupid fucker was so self-righteous that he stole shoes from a 1-year-old. What is wrong with people? I work my ass off every day. I work full-time and I'm a full-time student, not to mention my other full-time jobs as mother and wife, and some degenerate can just walk by MY car that I paid for, break MY window that I now have to replace, and steal MY things that I earned? How is that fair? How do these things keep happening? Oh, I know, because cops like the one we called say, "Well, sucks to be you" and drive off without taking any information. Criminals get away with this kind of shit, so why would they stop?

Bug was so scared, and I know I only exasperated that by losing my shit getting upset. He wouldn't leave my side for the rest of the night. We had to take a cab home, and I hope I never have to put my kids in a stinky, dirty cab ever again. They are fine for me when I'm wasted, but it didn't help Bug that he had to be out of his comfort zone. I could pummel that piece of shit in the face for scaring my child like that. I don't know who I am more angry with, the selfish bastard who I hope cut his hand open at the very least, the jackass cop who doesn't care about the people who pay his salary, or us, because we decided to live in the stupid city. I've wanted to move away for a while now; this might've just sealed the deal.

4 comments:

Crazy Brunette said...

Ooooh bitch! I'd have lost my fucking shit too! Bullshit!

Losing Brownies said...

Who steals baby shoes? Seriously.

Little BGCG said...

I'm so sorry that happened to you that sucks so much. Why are cops such douches sometimes!?

Ashley said...

I think my bloodpressure just spiked reading that. I cannot believe the cop just left without doing anything. Oh to have his badge number...