Thursday, October 21, 2010

Is It Just Me or is This Getting Boring?

So this 30 Days of Truth thing is getting kinda boring. I feel like the topics should be deeper, maybe riskier, or possibly have more secretive answers. For instance, this week's topic is "Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted." Really? Don't we all have a friend that we used to be really close to and now we don't talk much? Isn't that what happened to all of our high school friends? I do have one friend in particular that I was thinking of, and I see him every once in a while, but for me, my relationships with my male friends changed dramatically when I met my husband. Maybe that's a bad thing, but his relationships completely disappeared with his female friends so it seems normal to me. And while I miss this friend from time to time, our lifestyles just to fit together anymore, so it's probably for the best.

But wouldn't this topic have been more interesting if was about, say, a friend that you hooked up with but probably shouldn't have and it ruined your friendship and all of your other friends hated you for it? It's been a long-ass time since such a thing has happened, but I'm sure I could've dug up a good story for that one!

2 comments:

MommieDaze said...

Yeah, I think it's normal once you're married to drift away from friends of the opposite sex. One of my best friends in high school was a guy. But once I got married our relationship was never the same.

Unknown said...

Hi I followed you from Muzing Marti's blog. Love your stories and your sens of honesty and humor!!
Julz@ www.julzjewlz.com
http://spookyjulz.blogspot.com