Monday, May 24, 2010

Holy Crap! A Whole Month? and I Might Actually Be Crazy

I just realized that it has been a month, an ENTIRE MONTH!, since I last posted. My sincere apologies go out to all of you die-hard crazy fans who have been waiting with bated breath for my return. I have a good excuse though, I have been incredibly busy at my real job, I haven't had anything good to write about, I am lazy.

Since I haven't been blogging to let out my pent up frustration, I have done something stupid, and I can't go back now. I have signed up to do a triathlon.  A whole one. I have 2 months to prepare, which means I have 2 months to start liking running, 2 months to find my bike and remember how it works, and 2 months to learn how to swim. Something tells me this triathlon is going to be the death of me. My super-cool totally-awesome older sister (Shout out to Aunt D!, notice how I didn't call you big sister? Shorty?) duped me motivated me to do said triathlon, and it is in Aspen which is pretty cool. The bike ride takes you into the awesomely spectacular Maroon Bells, which are really just as awesomely spectacular when you have just ridden 17 miles straight up hill on a bike to get there, but whatever. And thankfully the drowning swim is in a pool where I can probably touch the bottom and won't have to fight any currents. Then there is the run. Oh crap. It's only 4 miles, I can do that, right? RIGHT? Oh crap. I wonder if they allow those shoes with the roller skates on the bottom.... because I might just have a fighting chance if they do.

Anyway, I'll keep ya'll posted on my training progress (yes I just used ya'll, no it isn't ok). And I swear I will try really, really hard to post often again.

No comments: